BREEAM International New Construction focuses on mitigating the environmental impacts and improving the performance of new buildings in the international market.
This training course enables you to understand BREEAM International New Construction scheme in terms of technical content and application, equipping you with the skills and confidence to carry out BREEAM assessments on new developments in the USA and around the world.
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Understand the context for BREEAM International New Construction and the new construction market
- Understand and be confident in assessing the technical aspects of the scheme
- Understand the assessment and certification process, and support structures in place for the scheme and assessors
- Navigate the BREEAM International New Construction technical manual
- Successfully carry out BREEAM assessments on new construction projects
Successfully passing this course and examination enables you to apply for your assessor’s license under the BREEAM International New Construction scheme.
At a glance
There are no formal requirements for this course however, this course is particularly suited to:
- Construction professionals
Those interested in building design and minimizing environmental impact.
Online self-study course content:
This course comprises approximately 30 hours of own-pace online training material introducing you to the BREEAM International New Construction program.
Online course material
- Resources: technical manuals, guidance notes and additional information
- Module 2 – Introducing BREEAM
- Module 3 – Scope and program classification
- Module 4 – Assessment Practicalities
- Module 5 – Assessor Support Networks
- Module 6 – Categories
- Module 7 – Demonstrating and validating performance
- Module 8 – What happens next?
- Mock Examinations
The course program concludes with two online examinations, set at a day and time to be agreed between the learner and ProctorU, who proctor examinations on behalf of BRE Academy. The two examinations must be passed for learners to be classified as competent:
- BREEAM General Understanding examination
- BREEAM International NC Technical examination
Both exams use an ‘open book’ format, meaning you can use any documents related to the course to aid you.
Book BREEAM International New Construction New Assessor USA now
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research to improve the built environment and share this knowledge through our training offered.