BREEAM USA In-Use is a comprehensive and holistic environmental assessment method for assessing and rating the sustainability of existing, commercial assets located within the United States. It provides a framework to help owners, managers and occupiers of existing assets successfully adopt sustainable solutions in a cost-effective manner and provides market recognition for their achievements.
To achieve certification, an asset’s performance must be assessed and verified by a BREEAM USA In-Use Assessor. Learners who complete this training course will be eligible to apply for a BREEAM USA In-Use license. The course familiarises you with the scheme in terms of technical content and application, equipping you with the skills to carry out BREEAM assessments on assets.
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Understand the BREEAM process and the context for BREEAM USA In-Use
- Navigate and be confident in assessing the technical aspects of the BREEAM USA In-Use scheme.
- Understand the assessment process and the support in place for the scheme and assessors.
- Understand the certification process.
- Successfully carry out BREEAM assessments on operational assets.
Successfully passing this course enables you to apply for your assessor’s license under the BREEAM USA In-Use International scheme.
At a glance
US based individuals only
This course is designed for built environment professionals with experience in management and operation of commercial buildings, seeking to apply to become a BREEAM USA In-Use assessor.
To satisfy the experience and knowledge required to meet BREEAM In-Use assessment standards, learners are expected to have 2 years + experience (within the past 5 years) in at least one of the following professions or equivalent:
- Building surveying.
- Building Engineering or regulatory (control) Services.
- Building or Facilities Management.
- Product or manufacturing auditing.
- Certification experience in the built environment.
- Environmental/energy services.
If you do not fulfil these criteria but want to be considered, you must submit a PDF of your resume and a covering letter detailing why you believe your experience to be sufficient to B[email protected], to be evaluated before you book training.
Already BREEAM AP Operations credentialed ?
We offer a discounted training rate for those who have already been credentialed and who meet the requirements above. Please reach out to the BREEAM USA for details.
The course is a series of modules completely online followed by one 4-hour session delivered virtually. The online modules must be completed prior to the virtual session. The course includes:
- Review of the USA In-Use Technical Standards for Commercial, Residential and Residential Plus.
- Roles and responsibilities for Assessors in the program.
- The certification process.
- Evidence gathering and verification.
- Conducting site visits.
- Quality Assurance.
This course is limited to US-based individuals only
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research to improve the built environment and share this knowledge through our training offered.