Book your online course now:£500.00 + VAT
Book BIM ISO 19650 Delivering information management now - simply fill out your details:
This one-day course is for professionals who undertake Information Management function in accordance with ISO 19650-2, offering a practical approach to better information management. These can either be for or by an Appointing Party, Lead Appointed Party or Task Teams.
The day includes workshops, exercises, discussion points and concludes with an open book exam.
This course has been developed by experienced BIM experts, who have extensive working knowledge of ISO 19650 standards and practical delivery of BIM according to ISO 19650.
This course will ensure that on completion you’re equipped and ready to realise the benefits of Information Management using BIM within your own organisation and to develop your career.
This course is the final stage on the pathway to BRE Global BIM Certification for Individuals should you wish to gain individual recognition.
- Demonstrate your information management competence.
- The highest level of credibility and reputation with a 12-hour CPD certification upon completion
- Designed and led by industry experts at BRE, bringing you over 100 years of research and knowledge
- As a profit-for-purpose organisation, your fees go towards research and quality improvement
- You are in control – learn anywhere at your own pace
After completing the course learners will be able to:
- Understand the information management function and the associated tasks for each party
- Recognise how to delegate the information management function
- Recognize the need for SMART information requirements
- Define exchange information requirements
- Identify the key references to support the production of the EIR
- Apply the process of extracting project information standards and projects information methods and procedures
- Identify the methods of assessing the supply chain
- Recognize the key considerations when assessing the supply chain
- Define a Pre-Appointment BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Define a Post Appointment BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Explain key elements of a BEP
- Apply the process of authoring BEP
- Appreciate how information can change to suit its intended purpose
- Describe the key considerations when approving information
- Identify the key tasks associated with Information Exchanges
- Recognize the key considerations when exchanging information
- Appreciate the key considerations when accepting information
- Recognize the open data format requirements
- Recognize the data format requirements to comply with COBie
At a glance
1. Unit 1: Information Management Function
- Lesson 01 –Information Management Mandate
- Lesson 02 – About the Information Management Function
- Lesson 03 – Defining & Delegating the information management function
2. Unit 2: Information Requirements
- Lesson 01 – Clear Information Requirements
- Lesson 02 – Exchange Information Requirements
- Lesson 03 – Extracting Information Requirements (Workshop)
3. Unit 3: BIM Execution Planning
- Lesson 01 – Pre-Appointment BEP
- Lesson 02 – Confirm the Delivery Team BEP
- Lesson 03 – Assessing the Supply Chain
4. Unit 4: Production of Information
- Lesson 01 – Information Exchange
- Lesson 02 – Delivering IFC – Open BIM Data
- Lesson 03 – Delivering COBie
5. Final Exam
This course is part of the pathway towards BRE BIM Certification for Individuals. Upon successfully competing this course, you will be able to apply for BRE BIM Certification for Individuals.
Individual certification demonstrates that the skills learnt during the training courses you have undertaken are maintained. Scheme members undertake training, pass an examination, and then complete an assessment to show compliance with the scheme requirements. The following levels of certification for individuals are available.
BIM Informed Professional Certification
Individuals not currently working within an ISO 19650-2:2018 project environment may apply for BIM Informed Professional (BIP) Certification. This certification is suitable for those wishing to demonstrate their knowledge of the BIM process. Assessments require demonstration of the detailed knowledge and understanding of Information Management. This certification is aimed at policymakers, advisors, educationalists, construction professionals, who are implementing the BIM process.
BIM Practitioner Certification
This certification is suitable for those wishing to demonstrate their application of the BIM process. Certification audits cover the detailed knowledge and understanding gained through training and experience, and different options are provided for individuals who carry out functions associated with Task Information Management (TIM) and/or Project Information Management (PIM).
This training course is suitable for construction and asset management professionals working towards BRE BIM Certification including:
- Project managers
- Asset managers
- Information managers
- BIM Manager
- BIM Coordinators
- Maintenance contractors
It’s suited to those implementing information management within their organisation, or assisting their clients or supply chains with BIM adoption.
This one-day course forms Stage 2 of the BRE BIM Certification education pathway
For Learners who are following the certification path way must have passed the examination of our BIM ISO 19650 Essentials Course (online or classroom version) in order to undertake this course.
Here’s what our learners say
About BRE Academy
The BRE Academy is the leading training provider for the built environment. Most courses are developed by BRE – a science research hub with 100 years of experience in safety and sustainability. As a profit-for-purpose, all fees go towards further research to make the built environment safer and greener and to mitigate climate change.
All BRE Academy training courses offer CPD certificates on successful completion and are accepted by the major professional bodies.
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research including updates and the creation of further training courses
Contact our specialist now
You may also be interested in:
Complete a 2 hour
BIM Foundations course or
BIM ISO 19650 Essentials Course: