Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction, and skills are in high demand.
With one purchase you’ll receive both ISO 19650 1&2 Project Delivery and ISO 19650 Delivering Information Management in Practice comprehensive online training courses. Successful completion of ISO 19650 1&2 Project Delivery unlocks the second course. Complete both courses and you’ll have acquired all the knowledge and learning needed to then apply for the prestigious BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner).
Delivered in structured modules from introducing the key terminology right through to applying your knowledge in BIM information management functions.
- The most cost-effective route to BIM Individual Certification
- The highest level of credibility and reputation with an 18-hour CPD certificate upon completion
- Apply your knowledge straight away with practical elements and an exam
- Designed and led by industry experts at BRE, bringing you over 100 years of research and knowledge
After completing the course learners will be able to:
- Feel confident in outlining the key elements of the ISO 19650 Parts 1&2 process
- Identify the key stakeholders in the information management function
- Recognise the open data format requirements to comply with COBie
- Understand the production of the Exchange information requirements (EIR)
- Define a pre and post-appointment BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Recognise the considerations when producing information for construction scheduling (4D)
- Adopt these processes within your organisation
- Apply for BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner)
At a glance
This course is for a range of AEC professionals ideally suited to those in a BIM coordinator, BIM Manager role or information management functions working towards certification. Previous learners have come from the following type of organisations:
- Cost consultancies
- Local authorities
- Central government
- Engineering consultancies
- Quantity surveying firms
The Information Management using BIM – Training Bundle comprises two comprehensive online training courses ISO 19650 1&2 Project Delivery and ISO 19650 Delivering Information Management in Practice.
— ISO 19650 1&2 Project Delivery —
Module 1: The Basics of BIM
- Unit 1 – Catalyst for Change
- Unit 2 – What is BIM
Module 2: The Essentials of ISO 19650
- Unit 1 – Introduction to ISO 19650
- Unit 2 – Information procurement
- Unit 3 – Information planning
- Unit 4 – Information production
Module 3: The essentials of BIM best practice
- Unit 1 – Information management functions
- Unit 2 – Best practice standard, methods and procedures (SMPs)
This course concludes with a short online exam that includes questions on all topics covered. Successfully passing the exam will unlock BIM Information management (ISO 19650) course.
— ISO 19650 Delivering Information Management in Practice —
- Unit 1 – Information requirements
- Unit 2 – BIM execution planning
- Unit 3 – Production of information
- Unit 4 – Exchanging information
This course concludes with a short online exam test.
Book Information Management using BIM - Training Bundle now
Here’s what our learners say
About BRE Academy
The BRE Academy is the leading training provider for the built environment. Most courses are developed by BRE – a science research hub with 100 years of experience in safety and sustainability. As a profit-for-purpose, all fees go towards further research to make the built environment safer and greener and to mitigate climate change.
CPD hours are awarded upon successful completion of BRE Academy training courses.
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research including updates and the creation of further training courses
Contact our specialist now