- Learning objectives
- Is it right for me?
- Course content
BREEAM Infrastructure Projects is the sustainability assessment scheme for civil engineering, infrastructure, landscaping, and public realm projects.
Alongside assessing performance, BREEAM Infrastructure provides significant influence to project or contract teams as they develop, design and construct their work, because it encourages them to consider sustainability issues at the most appropriate time.
BREEAM Infrastructure assessments are undertaken by a trained and registered BREEAM Infrastructure Assessor,
who is normally part of the project team that applies for the assessment. To undertake an assessment, all project teams must have a trained BREEAM Infrastructure Assessor.
This training course has been designed so that everyone who completes it successfully will be able to undertake a BREEAM Infrastructure Projects
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Drive sustainability into every infrastructure project.
- Take projects towards greener and more resilient future.
- Understand the BREEAM Infrastructure Projects process and the context for its development.
- Navigate and be confident in assessing the technical aspects of the BREEAM Projects scheme.
- Understand the assessment process and the support in place for the scheme and assessors.
- Understand the certification process.
- Successfully carry out BREEAM Infrastructure Projects assessments.
At a glance
Knowledge of civil engineering, public realm works, or environmental and sustainability issues is beneficial, but not required.
We advise individuals and organisations with strong sustainability credentials and passion for climate crisis in the civil engineering sector to undertake
this course so collectively we move closer to a greener more resilient future.
Learners may include both those who are applying for a BREEAM Infrastructure Projects assessment and those with a general interest. This might include:
- Individuals or teams require to deliver a BREEAM Infrastructure Projects assessment.
- Organisations that wish to use BREEAM Infrastructure Projects.
- Learners with a general interest in improving civil engineering or public works performance.
This course covers the following content:
- Background to BREEAM Infrastructure and why it has been developed.
- The BREEAM Infrastructure Projects scheme and assessment process.
- Use of the appropriate BREEAM Infrastructure technical manual, including basic skills required and the Assessor’s role.
- The environmental and social issues covered by the scheme.
- Study of each category of the assessment including the nature of the questions, reasons for their inclusion and scoping-out advice.
- The BREEAM Infrastructure Projects scoping, assessment and verification process.
Here’s what our learners say
About BRE Academy
The BRE Academy is the leading training provider for the built environment. Most courses are developed by BRE – a science research hub with 100 years of experience in safety and sustainability. As a profit-for-purpose, all fees go towards further research to make the built environment safer and greener and to mitigate climate change.
CPD hours are awarded upon successful completion of BRE Academy training courses.
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research including updates and the creation of further training courses
Contact our specialist now