The BREEAM In-Use International scheme is a holistic environmental assessment method, focuses on assessing the sustainability of existing commercial and residential assets. It seeks to drive improvements in buildings’ operational performance, helping owners, managers and occupiers of existing assets to embrace sustainability.
The course familiarises you with the scheme in terms of technical content and application, equipping you with the skills and confidence to carry out BREEAM assessments on operational assets.
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Understand the BREEAM process and the context for BREEAM In-Use.
- Navigate and be confident in assessing the technical aspects of the BREEAM In-Use scheme.
- Understand the assessment process and the support in place for the scheme and assessors.
- Understand the certification process.
- Successfully carry out BREEAM assessments on operational assets.
Successfully passing this course and examination enables you to apply for your assessor’s license under the BREEAM In-Use International scheme.
At a glance
This course is designed for built environment professionals with experience in management and operation of commercial buildings, seeking to apply to become a BREEAM In-Use International assessor.
It is recommended that learners have 2 years+ experience (within the past 5 years) in one of the following professions or equivalent:
- Building surveying.
- Building engineering or regulatory (control) services.
- Building or facilities management.
- Product or manufacturing auditing.
- Certification experience in the built environment.
- Environmental/energy services.
This course comprises of approximately 30 hours of own pace online training material introducing you to the BREEAM In-Use International scheme.
Online course material:
- Welcome to the BREEAM In-Use V6 Assessor training programme
- Resources- BREEAM technical manuals
- BREEAM foundations
- BIU V6 section 1: resources
- BIU V6 section 2: surroundings
- BIU V6 section 3: people
- BREEAM Assessment and Quality Assurance
- Mock examination
- Online examination
Book your online course now:£2,100.00 + VAT
Book BREEAM In-Use International | New Assessor now - simply fill out your details:
Here’s what our learners say
About BRE Academy
The BRE Academy is the leading training provider for the built environment. Most courses are developed by BRE – a science research hub with 100 years of experience in safety and sustainability. As a profit-for-purpose, all fees go towards further research to make the built environment safer and greener and to mitigate climate change.
CPD hours are awarded upon successful completion of BRE Academy training courses.
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research including updates and the creation of further training courses
Contact a specialist today
We will be happy to support you with your journey.
Please fill in the form below and one of our representatives will contact you to identify the courses to suit your needs.