This online course, BIM Essentials, aims to equip participants with BIM best practice, which when adopted leads towards efficient delivery, driving excellence, preventing accidents and saving time and money – both now and in future years.
The course offers participants a solid grounding in BIM:
- an insight into processes;
- a good understanding and knowledge of the key principles of Building Information Modelling (BIM) Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent with the industry internationally;
- an awareness of the emerging buildingSMART International information standard;
- relevant knowledge and capabilities to achieve internationally recognised good practice;
- awareness of other international developments such as open BIM initiatives formed to facilitate interoperability;
- an understanding of BIM from a whole life cycle perspective;
- a knowledge of where to access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace.
Pathway to BIM Certification for Individuals
- The final online exam is a first step towards BRE Academy Membership and BIM Certification for Individuals.
- The course puts students on track for BIM Level 2 (This pathway can be viewed through the pdf under ‘Resources’, below.)
- Successful completion of the course offers 14 hours CPD certification.
This course is developed and provided by BRE Academy, the learning arm of BRE (the Building Research Establishment). BRE is a world-leading multi-disciplinary building science centre with a mission to improve the built environment through research and knowledge generation.
BIM at BRE Academy
This course is one of a number of online courses and learning materials developed by BRE Academy supporting the adoption of BIM (Building Information Modelling) from an international perspective. The educational offering is developed around existing and ‘in development’ international standards including ISO.