Book your online course now:£1,450 – £1,500 + VAT
Book Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection now - simply fill out your details:
Fire safety is one of the most important aspects of construction and maintenance. It’s in the headlines like never before, and the need for robust inspection across all property types requires trained, qualified and competent professionals.
The Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection is an award given by ABBE (the Awarding Body for the Built Environment). The one day classroom course provides instruction on the regulations and practical aspects of fire door inspection. There is no exam for this course
The comprehensive one-day training course will run in small-sized classes. It will equip you with the information needed to start building your own personal portfolio of evidence that demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of this subject. You will be assigned an assessor who will review the submissions of your practical work and assessments over the next 12 months.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll have:
- A thorough understanding of the standards applying to fire doors
- Knowledge of the different types of fire doors
- An appreciation of the importance of critical components such as door closers and hinges
- A clear understanding of the inspection procedure and pass/fail criteria
- A comprehensive understanding of the advice to give the building owner/client in case of inspection failure
At a Glance
12 month assessment period
Suitable for those who will undertake fire door inspections including Building Control Officers, Safety Inspectors, Insurers, Fire Risk Assessors, Fire Professionals and Facilities Managers.
You should have a basic knowledge of the importance of fire doors and be comfortable with inspection processes and procedures.
- The functions of fire doors
- Fire safety duties of owners and occupiers
- Fire tests
- Evidence of performance
- Timber fire doors, steel fire doors, glazed steel fire screens and roller shutter doors
- Glazing, seals, structure and surrounding construction
- Installation, repair, maintenance, inspection, pass/fail guidance
On completion of the course, you will then have up to twelve months to compile a portfolio of evidence required to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of fire door inspection.
This will include the submission of:
- Detailed risk assessments showing how you will work safely in a variety of different building types
- Examples of how you will engage with different client groups
- Written answers to questions related to standards and inspection requirements of fire doors
- Three examples of fire door inspections, with evidence that backs up your conclusions and recommendations
Your portfolio of evidence will be submitted via our electronic system for assessment and feedback. Following a successful completion, you will gain the Level 3 Award from ABBE, The Awarding Body for the Built Environment.
After successful completion of the Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection, you may choose to progress to our Level 4 Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment.
Please Note: This course is for raising awareness only and does not lead to any third-party certification scheme.
Here’s what our learners say
About BRE Academy
The BRE Academy is the leading training provider for the built environment. Most courses are developed by BRE – a science research hub with 100 years of experience in safety and sustainability. As a profit-for-purpose, all fees go towards further research to make the built environment safer and greener and to mitigate climate change.
All BRE Academy training courses offer CPD certificates on successful completion and are accepted by the major professional bodies.
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research including updates and the creation of further training courses
Contact our specialist now