BREEAM Communities is targeted at neighbourhood scale developments. It aims to help the design teams, developers and planners to improve, measure and independently certify the sustainability of a large scale development at the design and planning stage. The scheme influences sustainability at the early stages of project development through community engagement, site strategy and implementation in design. This can lead into BREEAM assessments of buildings and homes.
The BREEAM Communities 3 day assessor training course is broken down into two modules. The first module (day one) is an introduction and overview of BREEAM Communities 2012. It is suitable for planning officers, consultants and developers who want to understand the scheme and how to use it. The training session is based on a combination of presentations and interactive workshops.
- An introduction to BREEAM Communities
- The international, national and local context for sustainable communities
- When to use BREEAM Communities and which projects are suitable
- Meeting key sustainability objectives with BREEAM Communities
- Meeting key planning requirements with BREEAM Communities
- The links between BREEAM Communities 2012 and building level assessments.
Those who wish to learn about BREEAM Communities but do not wish to become BREEAM Communities assessors.
- Local planning authority officers
- Planning consultants