The course offers participants
- a solid grounding in BIM
- an insight into processes
- a good understanding and knowledge of the key principles of Building Information Modelling (BIM) Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent with the industry internationally
- an awareness of the emerging buildingSMART International information standard
- relevant knowledge and capabilities to achieve internationally recognised good practice
- awareness of other international developments such as open BIM initiatives formed to facilitate interoperability
- an understanding of BIM from a whole life cycle perspective
- a knowledge of where to access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course. However, an understanding of procurement and construction is recommended before taking this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to Define BIM and understand key BIM terminology as well as explain the UK BIM maturity levels and the industry adopted BIM Dimensions. You will be able to identify the core and extended suit of standards, documents and deliverables describing BIM Level 2, understand why the construction industry needs to change and the drivers behind that change. You will be able to explain the Information Delivery Cycle and identify the role of the Employer in defining their information requirements.
- *Module 1: What is BIM?
- *Module 2: Catalyst for Change
- Module 3: Information Delivery Cycle
- Module 4: Standards, Methods and Procedures
- Module 5: Who needs a BIM Manager?
- Module 6: Benefits of Information Management
- Module 7: Implementing BIM
*Modules are covered under Basics of BIM Level 2.
This course is suitable for professional who wish to gain a broad understanding of BIM Level 2.
Ian Coleman, engie, “thanks for the last 2 days – very enlightening and informative and enjoyable”
Successful completion of this course allows you to book and attend the BIM Level 2 for Information Managers training (online or classroom).