This online course will give you 8 hours’ CPD
Sustainability is not just about being “green” – sustainability is fast becoming the key to reducing energy costs, meeting stakeholder needs, achieving business goals and staying ahead of the game.All organisations are exposed to economic, environmental and social risks. Good sustainable practice strengthens brands and brings business benefit but poor environmental or social behavior can be very damaging. Sustainability is a key element of organisational risk management and needs to be part of the core learning and personal development programme for everyone.
BRE has a long and established reputation for helping businesses to achieve their sustainability goals. This comprehensive course has been developed by BRE experts and provides a valuable insight into this potentially complex area.
What do we cover?
- What is sustainability and how has the concept evolved? – Definitions and timeline
- Resource consumption, availability and limitations
- Major impacts – the environmental, social and economic consequences of:
- Climate change
- Models of sustainability
- Compliance, Legislation and Regulation
- Social Sustainability
- Mitigation / Adaptation
- Policy and Corporate Social Responsibility
There are lots of references and suggestions for further reading if you want to go into more depth on particular issues.
Having completed this course, you be able to:
- Appreciate sustainability and how it will affect your business
- Be better equipped to achieve sustainable practices and benefit from the rewards
- Achieve compliance with regulations/legislations where appropriate