Passive House is an energy performance standard that provides a high level of indoor air quality and can achieve a significant reduction in space heating requirements compared to UK standard practice.
This 1-day course and workshop is aimed at those with an interest in low-energy design, construction, and the Passive House standard.
It introduces learners to Passive House principles, and the outline specification and certification criteria. The course also introduces the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP), the design and certification tool used to model the Passive House, with a hands-on workshop.
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Understand the context of Passive House and Passive House in the UK.
- Understand the basic principles of Passive House.
- Understand the outline specification of Passive House.
- Understand the certification requirements of Passive House.
- Understand what the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP) is used for and gain introductory knowledge of the tool works.
This is an introductory course aimed at those with an interest in low energy design and construction. It has no formal requirements. The course forms an ideal foundation for those who wish to go on to take our Certified European Passive House Designer course.
This 1-day course consists of the following:
- Introduction to the Passive House standard.
- Passive House in the UK.
- Basic principles.
- Outline specifications, including:
- Certification requirements.
- PHPP introduction and workshop.