BREEAM is the world’s leading sustainability assessment method for master planning projects, infrastructure and buildings.
Through third party certification of the assessment of an asset’s sustainability performance, BREEAM recognises and reflects the value in higher performing assets across the built environment lifecycle. This means BREEAM rated developments are more sustainable environments that enhance the well-being of the people who live and work in them and make for more attractive property investment.
Key to the application of BREEAM is the role of the Licensed BREEAM Assessor. This new fully online course covers the skills necessary and provides a route to becoming a licensed BREEAM Assessor in the International New Construction scheme.
The course is completed by following the online modules and reading through the supporting documentation provided. You will have 9 months access to the training material and to pass the exam.
You should have a good understanding of the built environment.
Designers and construction professionals.
- BREEAM Principles
- Scope and scheme classification
- Assessment Practicalities
- BREEAM Projects and assessment tools & documentation
- The scheme assessment criteria
- Demonstrating and validating performance
- You will also be provided with instruction and guidance on applying for a licence, registering and submitting assessments, and celebrating successes.
On completion of the course you will be required to take two multiple choice examinations, both of these are available online. The exams are open book, allowing you to refer to any notes or documentation that may assist you. You will need to pass both examinations to become qualified as a scheme assessor and to apply for a BREEAM licence.
You will be required to register with our electronic proctoring centre. Your computer will need a webcam in order for you to sit an online examination. Before starting the examinations you will be required to prove your identity by showing either your passport, driving licence or EU ID card.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the BREEAM process
- Navigate the BREEAM International 2016 scheme technical manual
- Understand how the scheme is rated on the different criteria, and how credits are awarded
- Explain the BREEAM certification process
- Confidently carry out a BREEAM assessment on an International new build project
On successful completion of the course and the examinations you will be issued with notification that verifies your BREEAM International Assessor qualification. You will then be required to apply to BRE Global Ltd to become a Licenced BREEAM Assessor under the International Scheme in order to practice. You must make this application within 12 months of qualifying.
To practice as a licenced BREEAM International Scheme Assessor you will be required to pay an annual licence fee and hold adequate levels of professional insurance, particularly professional indemnity insurance. Further information on the route to becoming a licenced BREEAM Assessor can be found on the following web page: www.breeam.com