BRE Academy’s BIM Information Management course takes this up a level, examining in depth ‘Information Management’ roles and responsibilities, standards, methods and procedures to help achieve high standards.
By buying the two together in one package, delegates will not only be able to move seamlessly from one course to the other with the content fresh in their minds, but they will also make a significant cost saving.
This package combines two BIM (Building Information Modelling) courses in one cost effective package.
BIM Essentials equips participants with BIM best practice, leading toward efficient delivery, excellence, accident prevention and cost and efficiency savings.
This initial course contains seven modules, leading to a practical working understanding of the management of information within the BIM Level 2 process.
BIM Information Management delivers a practical understanding of some of the management, standards, methods and procedures, and a deeper understanding of the BIM environment.
Together, the courses provide an in depth grounding in BIM:
- insight into processes, standards, methods and procedures
- understanding and knowledge of the key principles of (BIM) Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent internationally;
- awareness of the emerging buildingSMART International information standard;
- achieve internationally recognised good practice;
- awareness of other international developments such as open BIM initiatives (formed to facilitate interoperability);
- understanding the whole life cycle perspective;
- knowing where to access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace.
- information management
- information management roles and responsibilities
- the information delivery cycle
- Employers Information Requirements (EIR)
- pre-contract and post-contract award BIM Execution Plans
- SMPs: production and modelling
- Common Date Environment (CDE) approval gates, and applying the process
- Asset Information Models
- ‘Soft Landings’
- Defining and understanding COBie
Note: On completion of the first course, there is an online exam, and at the end of the second there is a multiple choice online test.
Successful completion of the final online exam for BIM Essentials (the first course) qualifies delegates to apply for BRE Academy Membership.
Pathway to BIM Certification for Individuals
Successful completion of the BIM Information Management test will provide eligibility to apply for BIM Certification for Individuals. Certification also includes BRE Academy Membership and its associated benefits.
Developed and provided by BRE Academy, the learning arm of BRE (the Building Research Establishment – the world-leading multi-disciplinary building science centre.
These courses are part of a growing number of online courses and learning materials developed by BRE Academy supporting the adoption of BIM (Building Information Modelling) from an international perspective. The educational offering is developed around existing and ‘in development’ international standards including ISO.