This course combines two existing BRE Academy courses, fast tracking participants to a stage where they can consider BIM certification. BIM Essentials equips participants with an understanding of BIM and BIM best practice, raising quality standards and saving money. BRE Academy’s BIM Information Management course takes this up a level, examining in depth ‘Information Management’ roles and responsibilities, standards, methods and procedures to help achieve high standards. By buying the two together in one package, delegates will not only be able to move seamlessly from one course to the other with the content fresh in their minds, but they will also make a significant cost saving.
Who is this course for?
It is ideal for bid teams, design teams, construction teams, architects, engineers, project managers, value engineers, procurement, and those with an interest in environmental assessment and BREEAM.
BIM Essentials equips participants with a general understanding of BIM and BIM best practice. Organisational understanding and adoption of these principles will lead towards greater efficiency of delivery, fewer accidents and ongoing efficiency savings in numerous areas.
This initial course contains seven modules, leading to a practical working understanding of the management of information within the BIM Level 2 process.
BIM Information Management delivers a practical understanding of some of the management, standards, methods and procedures, and a deeper understanding of the BIM environment.
Completing the two courses together gives participants an understanding of:
- processes, standards, methods and procedures;
- of the key principles of BIM Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent internationally;
- the emerging buildingSMART International information standard;
- how to achieve internationally recognised good practice;
- other international developments such as open BIM initiatives (formed to facilitate interoperability);
- the whole life cycle perspective;
- where to access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace;
- information management roles and responsibilities;
- the information delivery cycle;
- Employers Information Requirements (EIR);
- pre-contract and post-contract award BIM execution plans;
- SMPs: production and modelling
- Common Date Environment (CDE) approval gates, and how to apply the process;
- asset information models;
- ‘soft landings’;
- Defining and understanding COBie
Successful completion of the final online exam for BIM Essentials (the first course) qualifies delegates to apply for BRE Academy Membership.
Successful completion of the BIM Information Management test will provide eligibility to apply for BIM Certification for Individuals. Certification also includes BRE Academy Membership and its associated benefits.
Do you need to purchase for multiple delegates? Click here.
More BIM Courses
BIM Level 2 for Information Managers – Classroom
Learners must have completed the BIM Level 2 Essentials/Fundamentals course (online or classroom) before registering for this course.
BIM Level 2 Business Systems Certification
With a number of competing organization now offering Certification in Building Information Modelling (BIM), the most frequent question BRE receives is a request for clarity around the BRE Global Business Systems Certification (BSC) scheme.
There is No BIM Like Home
In this one-hour CPD webinar, Dan Rossiter, shows how he used BIM Level 2 to organise and manage his own house’s information, what he learned in the process and how he overcame the difficulties encountered in applying BIM to an existing asset.
BIM for Product Manufacturers
BRE Associate Director of BIM, Paul Oakley, answers many of the frequently asked questions about BIM for Product Manufacturers in this recorded webinar.