BIM: Information Management
This online course is the second stage of the BRE Academy BIM series. Successful completion of the course qualifies you to apply for professional BIM certification with the BRE.
2. Upon successful completion of this (BIM Information Management) course, delegates may then apply for certification.
Click here to book the training course.
Cost £395 + VAT
The course contains seven modules, leading to a practical working understanding of the management of information within the BIM Level 2 process.
Having completed this course, you will have a practical understanding of some of the management, standards, methods and procedures, and a deeper understanding of the BIM environment.
On completion of the course there is a multiple choice online test. Successful completion of this test will provide eligibility to apply to become a BRE BIM Certified practitioner.
- Information management
- Information management roles
- Defining the information delivery cycle
- Defining task information management responsibilities
- Employers Information Requirements
- Plain Language Questions
- Pre-contract BIM Execution plans
- Post-contract award BIM Execution Plans
- Standards, methods and procedures
- Need for defined SMPs
- Production SMPs
- Modelling SMPs
- Common Date Environment approval gates
- Asset Information Models
- Soft Landings
- Defining and understanding COBie
- Applying the Common Data Environment process
On completion of the course there is a multiple choice on-line test. Successful completion of this test will provide eligibility to apply to become a BRE BIM certified practitioner.
Intended audience :
This course is suitable for professionals who will be required to manage or contribute to the BIM process. But is specifically aimed at those who undertake either project or task specific information management roles.
For more information:
+44 (0) 333 321 88 11