BRE Academy Terms and Conditions
- BRE Academy means BRE Global Limited, a company registered in England and Wales No 8961297 whose registered office is at Bucknalls Lane, Garston, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 9XX.
‘Fees’ means the fees payable by You for access to the Programme.
‘Programme’ means the information programme, training course, workshop, examination and/or other event provided by BRE Academy under the agreement.
‘Us’, ‘We’, or ‘Our’ means BRE Academy.
‘You’ means the natural person applying to attend the Programme, and where such person is a delegate on behalf of an organisation, ‘You’ shall refer jointly and severally to the natural person and the organisation, on whose behalf you warrant you have the authority to bind by proceeding with the application.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings in respect of the Programme provided by BRE Academy that is the subject of the online enrolment. Both parties acknowledge that in entering into the agreement neither has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such agreement except as expressly stated in the agreement itself.
Neither You nor Us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any agreement (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
- The applicable Fees, inclusions and content of the Programme shall be as described on your application form on the BRE Academy Website and BREEAM training website (www.breeam.org/training). BRE Academy reserves the right to update or adjust the Fees, inclusions and content of the Programme from time to time as it sees fit.
- Unless otherwise specified, VAT shall be additionally applicable to any stated Fees.
- Access to the Programme cannot be confirmed until payment of the Fees in full (or a deposit amount where this has been expressly specified by BRE Academy) has been received. BRE Academy reserves the right to decline the registration of any applicant at its absolute discretion and shall refund any fees received in such an instance.
- BRE Academy reserve the right to refuse your enrolment in the Programme in the event of failure to observe any of these Terms and Conditions, including for the avoidance of doubt the foregoing payment obligations.
- Requests to transfer from one Programme to another must be made in writing and received by BRE Academy with fourteen (14) or more days’ notice prior to the originally scheduled Programme date. You shall be liable for a re-scheduling fee of 25% + VAT of the initial Programme(s) fee paid in addition to any additional fee for the new Programme.
- For cancellations made in writing the following refunds will apply:
– Over 14 days before the Programme date, a full refund of course fees;
– 7 to 14 days before the Programme date, a 50% refund of course fees;
– 7 days or less before the event, no refund.
- Trainee substitutions can be made without incurring a penalty provided these changes are made in writing and received by BRE Academy at least seven (7) working days before the Programme start date. If a trainee wishes to make a substitution within 7 days there will be an administrative charge of 25% of the course fee.
- BRE Academy reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the Programme at its absolute discretion and in such case shall give as much notice as reasonably practicable. Should BRE Academy cancel the Programme, an alternative Programme will be offered or a full refund will be made, however BRE Academy shall not be liable for any other costs or losses incurred.
- BRE Academy shall deliver the Programme in accordance with its promoted description using reasonable skill and care but makes no warranty in respect of any outcomes or results.
- All materials and examinations provided to You in advance of, or during, the Programme are the intellectual property of BRE Academy and shall not be copied by you or used except in accordance with the intended purpose and all materials shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties except with BRE Academy‘s advance permission.
- Qualifications gained through the successful completion of BRE Academy training and examinations may be subject to a limited validity period.
- BRE Academy, its employees and agents agree to maintain as confidential and not to use or disclose to any third party any information derived from You without your consent except where it is necessary to enable BRE Academy to perform the Programme. Unless You request otherwise at any time, BRE Academy may hold your contact details on its database in order to share relevant information with You in the future or to let You know about other BRE Academy events in which You might be interested. BRE Academy shall not sell nor disclose this information to any third party.
- Except for death or personal injury caused by BRE Academy’s negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability which cannot be limited by law, the entire liability of BRE Academy under or in connection with this agreement shall not exceed the Fees which have actually been paid by You to BRE Academy for the Programme. BRE Academy shall have no liability for delay or failure to perform any of its obligations arising from any event beyond its reasonable control nor shall BRE Academy have any liability in any case for any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill or for any indirect or consequential losses.
- You shall not do anything to bring BRE Academy into disrepute and shall not use the names of, or suggest or imply an association with, BRE Academy, BRE, Building Research Establishment, BRE Global or any other name, brand or mark used by the BRE group of companies except where BRE Academy has provided its prior written consent and in such instances only in accordance with the guidelines or requirements specified by BRE Academy.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions or any provisions of the agreement are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.